9 Places to Stay When Planning A Cheap Staycation
Are you looking for a cheap staycation in Las Vegas? Choose from one of these nine budget-friendly hotels located on the Fremont Street Experience. Some even include free parking and other perks when joining their reward loyalty programs. We give you the lowdown on things to do in downtown Las Vegas on Fremont Street for a fun-filled staycation.
If you’re a local and want more general information on free parking in downtown Las Vegas, learn about the Fremont Street parking garage. With so many Las Vegas hotels downtown to choose from, we give you some key points on these nine to make your best selection.
1. The Golden Gate Hotel has the oldest casino in downtown Las Vegas, originally built in 1905.
- Where else can you find a cheap hotel in Las Vegas? Standard room rates start at $24 a night.
- See the sexy, flapper-style, Dancing Dealers on the casino floor.
- Enjoy the pool at the D hotel next door or the Circa Stadium Swim.
- Two bars: One Bar and Bar Prohibition.
2. The D Casino & Hotel has a Belgian influence with the statue out front named the Mannekin Pis, which is Flemish for “little man pee.” This replica of the original is said to be a good luck charm for visitors.
- There are 629 remodeled contemporary rooms and suites ranging from $49-$229.
- Pool on the street level.
- Two-level casino with Dancing Dealers.
- Eight places to eat and drink: Andiamo Steakhouse, American Coney Island, Coffee Stand at the D, Bacon Nation, Barcanada, D Bar, Long Bar, and the Vue Bar.
- Gift shop for souvenirs and personal items.
3. Circa Resort & Casino is 35 floors tall, covering over 1.2 million square feet with 777 rooms and suites.
- Rates start at $119 nightly.
- Experience the Stadium Swim with six pools on three levels and hundreds of chaise lounges, cabanas, and day beds for fun in the sun. Watch sports on the giant 40-foot tall video screen, or just people watch.
- Five Restaurants: Barry’s Downtown Prime, Saginaw’s Delicatessen, Victory Burger, 8 East, Project BBQ.
- Six Bars: Legacy Club Rooftop Bar, Vegas Vickies, Mega Bar, Overhang Bar, Circa Bar, Girth Bar, and Jack Pots Coffee Bar.
- Three gift shops for clothing, snacks, personal items, and more.
- SportsBook: 3-story high sports betting experience in high-definition.
- 8-story parking garage with over 900 spaces called the Garage Mahal.
- Join Club One loyalty program usable at two sister hotels.
4. Four Queens Hotel & Casino, built in 1966, has two towers with views of Las Vegas available on the higher floors.
- Rates start as low as $49 per night and can go up to $179 depending on the dates and room type. There is no resort fee.
- Get unique discount codes for extra savings that you must book online through their website.
- Parking is $5 a day unless you join the Royal Player’s Club and present your card to the front desk to waive the fee.
- This card is also interchangeable for use at the property’s sister hotel, Binion’s, where you can use the pool on the 25th floor.
- A gift shop offers souvenirs, snacks, personal care items, and more.
- Two entertainment shows: Mike Hammer Comedy Magic Show and Hypnosis Unleashed.
- Four restaurants on premises: Hugo’s Cellar, Magnolia’s Veranda, Chicago Brewing Co., and the Patio Bar.
5. Binion’s Gambling Hall, originally built in 1932, has the Hotel Apache, which is said to be haunted.
- Rates are $49-$239 a night. Look for unique discount codes when you book online through their website.
- Parking is $5 a day but is free if you get a Royal Player’s Club card.
- If you join Club Binion’s, you can earn comp dollars which can be used towards food, hotel room, and gift shop purchases.
- There are seven restaurants onsite: Top of Binion’s Steakhouse, Benny’s Smokin’ BBQ & Brews, Binion’s Cafe, Binion’s Deli, Cowgirl Up Cantina, and the Whisky Licker patio bar.
- Whiskey Licker Up Saloon features a unique rotating, open-air bar with floor-to-ceiling windows where you can watch what’s happening outside on Fremont Street.
6. The California Hotel & Casino gives you a Hawaiian Islands vibe. Known as “The Cal,” it has a special partnership with Hawaiian Airlines. You can earn points for flights when signing up for Boyd’s Reward loyalty program, which also is interchangeable with sister hotels in the Fremont Street area.
- Rates start at $66 a night, depending on dates and room choice.
- Special room rates when booking online: 15% discount for fall savings, $10 off Bed & Breakfast package, and 10% off AAA members, military, and first responders.
- Free parking for hotel guests.
- Eight places to dine: Redwood Steakhouse, California Noodle House, Market Street Cafe, Aloha Specialties, Lappert’s Ice Cream Shop, Cal Sports Louge, Holo Holo, and Ethel M Chocolates Shop.
7. The Fremont Hotel & Casino offers 447 comfortable rooms.
- Rates start at $75 a night depending on dates and room type
- 15% off fall room rates when booking through the hotel website.
- Parking is included for hotel guests.
- Access to the rooftop pool at The Cal.
- Boyd Rewards loyalty program, useable at nearby sister hotels as well as locations nationwide.
- Six places to eat and drink: Second Street Grill, Tony Roma’s, The Filament Bar, Lanai Express, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Rocky Mountain Chocolates.
8. Main Street Station Casino, Brewery & Hotel has a Victorian-era theme with antique furniture throughout the property.
- Bed and breakfast rate includes $10 off breakfast.
- Get 15% off room rates when booking online for fall savings.
- Free parking is included in the hotel’s rate.
- Join the Boyd Rewards loyalty program to earn gaming rewards and other benefits, available to use nationwide at all Boyd’s locations.
- Food & Drink specials are at the Triple 7 Brewery and the Garden Court restaurant.
9. The Golden Nugget Las Vegas, with its four towers, has some great deals going on. For example, stay four nights and get 25% off. Go ahead and add a fourth night to a weekend, giving you more time for fun. Want a larger room? Get the 30% off suites deal, but hurry, as this rate books out fast.
- Gold Valet Parking is $15 per day, but if you become an Elite Card holder casino guest, it is complimentary.
- Join the 24k Select Club to receive new member freebies on casino slots and table games and earn more points as you level up each tier.
- Take a soothing break at the Spa & Salon.
- Shop at one of the four specialty shops.
- Experience the $30 million shark tank swimming pool complex with a waterslide between the sharks, or lounge poolside with a cocktail in one of the cabanas.
What are some things to do in downtown Las Vegas?
No matter what time of day or night you want to party and play, there’s always something going on at Fremont Street.
- Slotzilla Zip Line sails you high above the pedestrian mall at speeds up to 35mph. Choose to go flying in the sky, either seven or ten stories high.
- Viva Vision Light Shows operate nightly at 6 p.m. overhead in the pedestrian mall with 49 million lights and a 600,000 mega-watt sound system, all for free.
- The Neon Museum is the place to see a complete collection of Las Vegas historical neon lights. Open seven days a week. Check out the Main Boneyard collection of 250 lights.
- The Mob Museum explores the power struggle between organized crime and law enforcement. Open daily until 9 p.m.
- Downtown Rocks Concerts are free to all. See the lineup here.
- Eat and Drink to your heart’s content trying out new things while enjoying all the entertainment Fremont Street has to offer.
Wrap up your wins in one easy location
A cheap staycation is easy to plan using this list for the Fremont Street Experience. We covered hotels, casinos, dining, bars, shopping, swimming, music, entertainment, museums, and parking. Did we mention a lot of what you can experience in downtown Las Vegas is free? Now that’s a deal you won’t want to miss. Book your staycation now.