Join Our Fremont Street Experience Team
Working at Fremont Street Experience and SlotZilla is more than just a job. Our team gives people the best time of their lives!
We’re always looking for talent, so check out the job descriptions below and if you think a gig at Fremont Street Experience or the SlotZilla zip line attraction could be for you, drop us a line.
To say working at Fremont Street Experience is an “experience” would be an understatement!
Summary: The Custodial Supervisor directs the custodial service staff members to ensure a clean and orderly condition of the Fremont Street Experience Mall.
- Personnel coaching and disciplining, quality control, monitoring of supply and equipment usage, maintaining a safe work environment and performing special project work.
- Maintains Fremont Street Experience Mall grounds in top condition to ensure full and productive use of the area.
- Directs all maintenance employees and oversees work activities for the purpose of ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner. Provides support to the Director of Mall Operations for the purpose of meeting departmental goals and objectives.
- Reviews maintenance requests and assigns custodial duties accordingly for the purpose of providing a clean and safe environment for public use of Fremont Street Experience Mall.
- Supervises custodial functions (e.g. planning, scheduling, coordinating activities, training, discipline, evaluations) for the purpose of ensuring the department functions in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conduct detailed inspections of Fremont Street Experience Mall and establishes maintenance and custodial repair schedules for all Fremont Street Experience grounds.
- Ability to work independently and varied shifts to oversee entire maintenance crew.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Awareness.
- Ability to work specific events sponsored by Fremont Street Experience.
We have an ongoing need for these positions:
Retail Sales Associate
Summary: Retail Sales Associates duties include greetings guests, handling cash and merchandise.
- Handle credit card and cash transactions.
- Secure and balance money drawer at beginning and end of shift.
- Operate a POS (Point-of-Sale) Ticketing System for both ticketing and merchandise sales and returns.
- Assist guests with transactions at self-service ticketing kiosks.
- Verify guests are not overly intoxicated and thus unable to safely ride the zipline.
- Routinely inform guests of critical safety instructions.
- Use an electronic scale to verify guest meet the safe weight requirements.
- Stock and inventory merchandise both on the sales floor and in the storeroom.
- Assist guests with the donning of zipline wrist bands.
- Follow opening procedures for opening the office and kiosk areas.
- Clean office and all guest areas daily as needed before and after opening to the public.
- Welcome guests in a friendly and cheerful manner.
- Follow closing procedures for closing the office and kiosk areas.
- Support the success of the team as a whole, aligning with Fremont Street Experience policies and procedures.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the retail leadership team.
- Work in standing positions for long periods of time.
- Be friendly and outgoing, trainable and able to follow instructions and directions.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Communicate over two way radios and speak clear English.
- Speak over a public address system and give instructions to guests and employees.
- Lift object up to 35 pounds.
SlotZilla Ride Operator
Looking for exciting work? Looking for something different? Looking to work in an amusement attraction setting? Come work for SlotZilla, the largest urban zip line in the world. No experience necessary, we will provide all the on-the-job training required.
Ride Operators will work in the following areas: Zip Launch Tower, Zoom Launch Tower, Harness Deck, Mid Landing Platform, End Landing Platform and the Fremont Street Experience Mall area. Position reports to: SlotZilla Operations Manager and Supervisors.
- Transporting harnesses and trolleys from landing platforms back to the launch tower.
- Safely assist guest with the donning of their zip line harnesses.
- Inspect guest harnesses and insure they are worn and adjusted correctly.
- Load guests by trolley onto the zip line cables and safely inspect the proper alignment and readiness for their safe travel down the ride cable.
- Inform guests of critical safety instructions.
- Unload guests from cable and remove trolley, escort to safe zone for de-harnessing.
- During morning operational checks—be able to safely load fellow ride operations crew member(s) onto the zip line, as well as be able to be loaded onto the zip line yourself and perform and verify that the ride is ready and safe to receive guest for opening.
- During morning operational checks—clean all platforms, staircases, and handrails.
- Upon nightly shut-down remove trash from all platforms.
- Must be able to work in standing positions for long periods of time.
- Must be a friendly and outgoing individual.
- Must be trainable, and able to follow instructions and directions.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions as needed.
- Must be able to communicate over two way radios and speak clear English.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a 15 lbs. weight to a height of 6’8″.
Zipline Ride Maintenance Technician
Candidates should have experience and strong working knowledge in the following areas:
- Ability to work from Ride Maintenance and Operational manuals.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi and annual maintenance and inspections.
- Ability to trouble shoot various ride elements including but not limited to: limit switches, proximity sensors, pneumatic actuators and push button assemblies.
- General maintenance of facility including but not limited to: lighting repair, bulb maintenance and painting.
The following experience or knowledge is a plus:
- Boom and forklift training.
- PLC, ladder logic trouble shooting.
- Strong electrical (and or) pneumatics background.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold environment for long periods of time.
- Must complete Ride Operators training and understand how to operate the required ride equipment.
- Must be able to follow instructions and directions, with the ability of working with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to communicate over two way radios and speak clear English.
- Must be able to work in high places, including a 125′ boom lift; and able to ride and work from the zip line.
- May be required to wear a safety harness for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must complete bio hazard training which enable Ride Maintenance Technician to clean up any bio hazards which happen on the ride.
Compensation: $20/hour, Full-time
Security Bike Officer
Summary: Provides protection from any element or factor which may jeopardize the welfare, security and safety of employees, guests or customers and their personal property and the assets of the Fremont Street Experience. Serves as goodwill ambassador by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, But Not Limited To:
• Provides high visibility, proactive bike patrols of the premises to detect criminal activity and general non-compliance to company policies and or City of Las Vegas municipal ordinances.
• Observes areas to detect fire and safety hazards and other defects which might compromise the well-being of life and/or property.
• Performs crowd and traffic control at various events and activities for FSE including, and not limited to, casino center for the Viva Vision shows.
• Keeps alert for and reports any unauthorized vendors, advertisers, entertainment, special events, filming or commercial activities unless authorized or conducted by FSE.
• Keeps alert for and reports any intentional obstruction of pedestrian movement in the mall area.
• Keeps alert for and reports persons whose actions are not considered suitable by management to remain in the mall, or persons who are disrupting the peace of the establishment.
• Responds to all medical emergency calls and stands by until the arrival of medical response.
• Must be able to assist in preparing reports and ensures availability for testifying in court.
• Must be able to assist all local law enforcement agencies when needed.
• Receives lost and found property and takes to dispatch for logging.
Qualifications: Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an officer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made but not limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Officer must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
• Officer must be able to ride a bike.
• Officer must be able to use hands to use tools, controls, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
• Officer must be able to but not limited to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Officer must be able to occasionally lift and or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Officer must be able to pursue and or detain a perpetrator either on bike and or foot
• Officer must be able to communicate on the two way radios, phones and able to be understood
• Officer must be able to perform the duties of this job in outside weather conditions including but not limited to cold weather and very hot weather.
• Officer must be able to work in an environment that varies noise levels from low to loud depending on the event or concert.