Join Our Fremont Street Experience Team
Working at Fremont Street Experience and SlotZilla is more than just a job. Our team gives people the best time of their lives!
We’re always looking for talent, so check out the job descriptions below and if you think a gig at Fremont Street Experience or the SlotZilla zip line attraction could be for you, drop us a line.
Or stop by our offices at Fremont Street Experience (425 Fremont Street, Las Vegas NV, 89101) and fill out an application.
Job Fair – Apr. 5-6, 2018
Be a part of our amazing Fremont Street Experience team!
We’re holding a job fair April 5 (3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) and April 6 (11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) on the 4th floor of the Fremont Street Experience parking structure.
Open positions: Security Officer, Security Dispatcher, SlotZilla Ride Operators, Ticket Office Sales Staff, Fear the Walking Dead Attraction Operators, Motion Graphic 3D Artist. Details below.
Provides protection from any element or factor which may jeopardize the welfare, security and safety of employees, guests or customers and their personal property and the assets of the FSE. Serves as goodwill ambassador for Fremont Street Experience. Las Vegas Metro Police Department Work Card required. TAM card preferred. Starting Hourly Rate: $10.50.
Receives all incoming telephone calls and fax communications for the department. Receives and records complaints from the general public, other departments or agencies. Dispatches officers and assigns complaints to officers via a two-way radio. Dispatches fire equipment and/or paramedics according to the fire departments guidelines and procedures. Maintains written log of all security activities. Las Vegas Metro Police Department Work Card required. TAM card preferred. Starting Hourly Rate: $11.
SlotZilla Ride Operators
The Ride Operators work in the following areas: SlotZilla launch tower, mid-landing platform, end-landing platform, the mall area and daily tower inspections. Job duties include and are not limited to: transporting harnesses from landing platforms back to launch
tower; safely assisting quests with the zip-line harness; informing guests of critical safety instructions; loading guests onto zip-line cables and safely inspect readiness for travel; assisting in morning operational checks; cleaning of all platforms, staircases, and handrails as needed. Starting hourly rate is $10.
Ticket Office Sales Staff
Strong customer service skills and outgoing personality required. Ticket Office Sales Staff will work in the following areas – Door Greeter, Assisting Guests at Self-Service Ticketing Kiosks, Ticketing and Merchandise Sales, Scanning Wrist Band and organizing Ticket Lines and Cash Handling. Candidate will have working knowledge of POS systems for both ticketing and merchandise. Candidate must be able to work in standing positions for long periods of time and in all weather conditions. Ability to follow instructions and directions. Cleaning and other office related tasks. Starting hourly rate is $10.
Fear the Walking Dead Attraction Operators
Fear the Walking Dead Attraction Operators will work in variety of positions located throughout the Fear the Walking Dead Experience. The Attraction Operator provides excellent guest service and assist guests throughout the attractions. They ensure safety inspections are completed daily before opening to public. Attraction Operators are required to memorize scripts and act our scenes enthusiastically. Instruct guests of critical safety instructions upon entering the attraction. Escort guests thought the attraction and monitor the flow to ensure the attractions stays at safe and proper capacity. Starting hourly rate is $10.
Motion Graphic 3D Artist
The Motion Graphic 3D Artist will design and deliver impactful and engaging visuals to help promote Fremont Street Experience as a world class entertainment destination. Develop new ideas for visual spectaculars, and execute those ideas in innovative ways by combining different audio, video, photograph, animation, effects, and illustration components. Participate in the development of assorted productions from concept to completion. Create 2D/3D graphics, animations, video content for various formats and sizes. Assist Marketing and Special Events departments with creative development support. These projects will vary including but not limited to: static and motion graphics, posters, banners, print, web and video. Bachelor’s degree in Media Arts & Animation, Visual Effects, Motion Graphics or related field. Three-plus years of experience in motion graphics and or 3D visual content creation.
We have an ongoing need for these positions:
Technical Director is responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of production processes. This position requires proven project management skills, infrastructure design and construction supervision for sophisticated infrastructure projects. Ability to work closely with management, staff, clients, vendors and consultants. Serves as an integral resource (or leader) in projects, adhering to committed deliverables, and regular communication of progress to management. Supports end users and vendors and is heavily involved in the daily hands-on interaction of projects. Thoroughly documents all activity and keeps management informed. Audio & digital video operation and design a plus. IT and theatrical show knowledge would be an added benefit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Liaise with other directors and managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
• Estimate costs and prepare budgets
• Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
• Monitor production to resolve issues
• Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
• Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
• Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
• Ensure output meets quality standards
• Enforce health and safety precautions
• Proven experience as Technical Director of Production Director
• Deep knowledge of production management
• Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
• Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
• Experience in reporting on key production metrics
• Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
• Outstanding communication ability
• Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
• Audio & digital video operation and design a plus
• IT and theatrical show knowledge also a benefit
Ride Maintenance Technicians for FTWD Attraction
(Shifts: Day, Mid, Night)
Summary: Qualified individuals should possess a strong working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and Audio/Visual systems.
• Work from electric, electronic and control schematics along with Maintenance and Operation Manuals.
• Maintain and have working knowledge of all aspects of the ride (Mechanical, Electrical, A/V).
• Perform, verify, and certify daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi and annual PMs and Inspections (per ASTM Standards).
• Maintain required daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi and annual inspection documentation.
• Trouble shoot various ride elements including but not limited to: ride controls, limit switches, proximity switches, actuators and audio/video equipment.
• General maintenance of attraction including but not limited to: back of house lighting, front of house effect lighting, foggers, painting, and other routine maintenance.
The following experience or knowledge is a plus:
• Ride Controls (PLC, PC) trouble shooting.
• Various Safety and Show Control Sensors.
• Audio/Visual (Projectors/DMX/Lighting and Audio Controls/Speakers/PA/Amplifiers) set up, usage, and trouble shooting.
• Pneumatic systems.
• Welding and machining.
• Minimum two years’ experience in one of the following: Electrical, Mechanical or Audio/Visual
• Ability to use a stepladder up to 40 feet.
• Ability to work at heights up to 120 feet (including a boom lift).
• Ability to maneuver 250 lbs. with carts and dollies.
• Ability to communicate over two-way radios and speak clear English.
• Ability to follow instructions and directions, with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to accurately and legibly complete required ride documentation.
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme heat or cold environment for long period of time.
• Ability to work in a safety harness for an extended period of time if needed.
• Ability to work any required shift when needed.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Ticket Office Sales Staff Positions
Summary: Office Staff will work in the following areas – Door Greeter, Assisting Guests at Self-Service Ticketing Kiosks, Ticketing and Merchandise Sales, Wrist Banding, Cash Handling, Cleaning and other office related tasks.
• Handle credit card and cash transactions.
• Secure and balance money drawer at end of shift.
• Operate a POS system for both ticketing and merchandise sales and returns.
• Assist multiple guests with transactions at self-service ticketing kiosks.
• Verify guests are not overly intoxicated and thus unable to safely ride the zip line.
• Stock and inventory merchandise on the sales floor.
• Follow opening procedures for opening/closing the office.
• Clean office and all guest areas daily as needed before and after opening to the public.
• Welcome guests in a friendly and cheerful manner.
• Must be able to work in standing positions for long periods of time.
• Must be a friendly and outgoing individual, trainable, and able to follow instructions and directions.
• Must be able to pass a background check and handle cash.
• Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions as needed.
• Must be able to communicate over two way radios and speak clear English.
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
SlotZilla Ride Operator
Looking for exciting work? Looking for something different? Looking to work in an amusement attraction setting? Come work for SlotZilla, the largest urban zip line in the world. No experience necessary, we will provide all the on-the-job training required.
Ride Operators will work in the following areas: Zip Launch Tower, Zoom Launch Tower, Harness Deck, Mid Landing Platform, End Landing Platform and the Fremont Street Experience Mall area. Position reports to: SlotZilla Operations Manager and Supervisors.
- Transporting harnesses and trolleys from landing platforms back to the launch tower.
- Safely assist guest with the donning of their zip line harnesses.
- Inspect guest harnesses and insure they are worn and adjusted correctly.
- Load guests by trolley onto the zip line cables and safely inspect the proper alignment and readiness for their safe travel down the ride cable.
- Inform guests of critical safety instructions.
- Unload guests from cable and remove trolley, escort to safe zone for de-harnessing.
- During morning operational checks—be able to safely load fellow ride operations crew member(s) onto the zip line, as well as be able to be loaded onto the zip line yourself and perform and verify that the ride is ready and safe to receive guest for opening.
- During morning operational checks—clean all platforms, staircases, and handrails.
- Upon nightly shut-down remove trash from all platforms.
- Must be able to work in standing positions for long periods of time.
- Must be a friendly and outgoing individual.
- Must be trainable, and able to follow instructions and directions.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions as needed.
- Must be able to communicate over two way radios and speak clear English.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a 15 lbs. weight to a height of 6’8″.
Zipline Ride Maintenance Technician
Candidates should have experience and strong working knowledge in the following areas:
- Ability to work from Ride Maintenance and Operational manuals.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi and annual maintenance and inspections.
- Ability to trouble shoot various ride elements including but not limited to: limit switches, proximity sensors, pneumatic actuators and push button assemblies.
- General maintenance of facility including but not limited to: lighting repair, bulb maintenance and painting.
The following experience or knowledge is a plus:
- Boom and forklift training.
- PLC, ladder logic trouble shooting.
- Strong electrical (and or) pneumatics background.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme heat and cold environment for long periods of time.
- Must complete Ride Operators training and understand how to operate the required ride equipment.
- Must be able to follow instructions and directions, with the ability of working with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to communicate over two way radios and speak clear English.
- Must be able to work in high places, including a 125′ boom lift; and able to ride and work from the zip line.
- May be required to wear a safety harness for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must complete bio hazard training which enable Ride Maintenance Technician to clean up any bio hazards which happen on the ride.
Compensation: $20/hour, Full-time
Security Bike Officer
Summary: Provides protection from any element or factor which may jeopardize the welfare, security and safety of employees, guests or customers and their personal property and the assets of the Fremont Street Experience. Serves as goodwill ambassador by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, But Not Limited To:
• Provides high visibility, pro-active bike patrols of the premises to detect criminal activity and general non-compliance to company policies and or City of Las Vegas Municipal Ordinances.
• Observes areas to detect fire and safety hazards and other defects which might compromise the well-being of life and or property.
• Performs crowd and traffic control at various events and activities for FSE including and not limited to casino center for the viva vision shows.
• Keeps alert for and reports any unauthorized vendors, advertisers, entertainment, special events, filming or commercial activities unless authorized or conducted by FSE.
• Keeps alert for and reports any intentional obstruction of pedestrian movement in the mall area.
• Keeps alert for and reports persons witch actions are not considered suitable by management to remain in the mall, or persons who are disrupting the peace of the establishment.
• Responds to all medical emergency calls and stands by until the arrival of medical response
• Must be able to assist in preparing reports and ensures availability for testifying in court.
• Must be able to assist all local law enforcement agencies when needed.
• Receives lost and found property and takes to dispatch for logging.
Qualifications: Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an officer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made but not limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Officer must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
• Officer must be able to ride a bike.
• Officer must be able to use hands to use tools, controls, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
• Officer must be able to but not limited to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Officer must be able to occasionally lift and or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Officer must be able to pursue and or detain a perpetrator either on bike and or foot
• Officer must be able to communicate on the two way radios, phones and able to be understood
• Officer must be able to perform the duties of this job in outside weather conditions including but not limited to cold weather and very hot weather.
• Officer must be able to work in an environment that varies noise levels from low to loud depending on the event or concert.