The Golden Nugget has been drawing crowds to downtown Las Vegas since it was built in 1946 as the largest casino in the world at the time. With several upgrades since then, its rich history, fun energy, award-winning pool, crave-worthy restaurants and beautiful accommodations make it the ideal place to stay when you’re visiting Las Vegas.
Check out the top features of the Golden Nugget Casino Resort in the heart of the Fremont Street Experience.
See downtown like never before on the SlotZilla Zipline! Book your tickets now.
1. The Hotel
If you’re looking for luxury hotel rooms that won’t break the bank, Golden Nugget is where you want to be. Downtown Las Vegas has experienced a revitalization in the last decade and has transformed into the city’s cultural center and where the locals like to go. Staying at the Golden Nugget gives you a front-row seat to all the downtown action with more than 2,400 rooms and suites.
Some key amenities of the hotel include:
- LED high-definition televisions
- Luxurious bedding and modern decor
- Fitness center
- Spa and salon
- Multiple pools
- Upgrades to premier rooms or suites
The suites at Golden Nugget offer separate living and sleeping areas, wet bars, multiple bathrooms, separate entrances and dining areas. Check for seasonal sales and discounts on resort fees!
Golden Nugget is home to the best restaurants in downtown Las Vegas. Whether you want fine dining or something more casual, you’ll find the perfect spot at Golden Nugget. Here are some restaurants to try the next time you’re in town:
- Vic & Anthony’s: This classic American steakhouse combines the glamor of vintage Vegas with delicious menu selections that are perfect for a date night or a special meal with friends
- Chart House: Enjoy the freshest seafood in Las Vegas with a stunning view of a 75,000-gallon tropical fish aquarium
- Cadillac Mexican Kitchen: Try signature Mexican dishes with hand-crafted margaritas or browse the impressive selection of more than 70 boutique Mezcals and tequilas
- Red Asian Cuisine: Get authentic Asian cuisine and fusion dishes that are packed with flavor in a chic atmosphere
- Saltgrass Steak House: As the newest restaurant Golden Nugget has to offer, Saltgrass is an exclusive dining experience where you can enjoy Certified Angus Beef® brand steaks
- Grotto Italian Ristorante: Satisfy your cravings with a simple menu that features pizza and pastas with homemade dressings, soups and desserts
3. The Tank Pool
The Tank pool is one of the highlights at Golden Nugget that brings crowds from around the world. This unique attraction features a real shark tank with tiger sharks, sandbar sharks and exotic fish right in the middle of the pool. There’s also a water slide that passes directly through the shark tank and into the cool waters of the beautiful $30 million pool.
You can grab a poolside drink, enjoy live music and relax in a private cabana at The Tank. Even if you don’t swim in the pool, a glimpse at this stunning engineering feat is worth a trip to the Golden Nugget!
When it comes to location, it doesn’t get any better than the Golden Nugget. You are only steps away from all the thrills and excitement of Fremont Street Experience, including the Viva Viva light shows, Slotzilla Zipline, Downtown Rocks free concert series and more. You can also check out events happening in the Golden Nugget Showroom.
For those looking to test their luck while in Sin City, Golden Nugget has an impressive casino where you can play slots and table games and rack up slot points to redeem discounts and freebies.
The Golden Nugget is also well-known for its downtown nightlife scene, with several bars where you can sip craft cocktails, sample unique liquors or enjoy a cold beer as you watch the game. Golden Nugget bars include:
Book your stay at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino!
If you want to make the most of your Vegas trip, Golden Nugget offers the perfect location with the best amenities, hotel accommodations, restaurants and bars in downtown Las Vegas. View Golden Nugget Las Vegas pictures to see what you’ve been missing, then book your reservation for your next Sin City vacation today!
See downtown like never before on the thrilling Slotzilla Zipline! Get tickets now.